Tuesday 25 November 2014

Never Ask a Woman With Winged Eyeliner Why She's Late

Although I don't completely agree with the title, I thought it was a cute quote. There are 3 products that are essential to my simple every-day makeup routine - lip stick, mascara and EYELINER. Personally I think eyeliner makes a huge difference to how your look turns out. You can easily change it up by how you apply the liner; from a sultry wing to a sweet tail to a dramatic cat eye look.



Depending on the shape of your eye, some application techniques are more suitable than others. As much as I want it to look like this... 


I know that's not possible with my hooded lids. So I tend to go for something more like this....


Eyeliner is another one of those things that ends up being a constant repurchase of the same products. I've tried many different brands and types and I think I've found my favourites: Stila Liquid Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (for on and above the lash line) and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil (for my tightline). 

stila - Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye LinerUrban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

The Silta liquid liner is the best of 3 worlds - precise, super dark and waterproof. It allows me to either draw the thinnest line for that subtle look or a thicker wing for those dramatic days. The Urban Decay pencil has the ability to make me not look like a raccoon at the end of the day, which is more difficult than it sounds. 

A tip/lesson I've learned when it comes to buying eyeliners, especially liquid, is to get the deluxe versions. Since they have the tendency to dry out, this is a great way to save money and try difference brands to find the best one for you. This set has some of my top choices, at an unbeatable price. 


Sephora Favorites - Draw The LineSephora Favorites - Draw The Line

Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12 HR Wear 


With Christmas just around the corner, Sephora is a great place to start on your holiday shopping. They have an amazing selection of gift ideas for your makeup lovers. Make sure to check out their limited edition sets!