Monday 23 June 2014

20 Things 20 Years Have Taught Me

As I walked my teenage self out of the door, I felt a rush of emotions pulling me back. So I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on the last 20 years.  Here are some of the things I have learned about myself and about life in general.

1. The only person you can truly depend on is yourself.

2. Love and Trust.

3. Spend time with your family.

4. Shut up and stop complaining.

5. Just be.

6. Take care of your body.
Work hard with #motivation and determination!

7. Work as much as you can, while you can.

8. Have chill days by yourself.


9. Retail therapy is wonderful but learn to budget.

10. Procrastination is the worst habit.


11. Surround yourself with people who inspire you and/or make you happy.


12. Not everything is as bad as it seems. 

13. Every mistake comes with a lesson. 

14. Stop talking about others and comparing yourself to people.
Great mind discuss ideas average minds discuss events small minds discuss people

15. Never settle.

16. Find a hobby.

17. Listen to the news to know what's going on around the world.

18. What goes around comes back around.
19. Have self control

20. Carpe diem.


As this chapter of my life ends, a part of me also goes with it. I have so many goals and ambitions for what the next quarter entails . I'd like to think that your 20's are the best and worst years of your life. It's the time where you begin to explore the outside away from home and discover things that only come with age. I often forget how young we still are and how much of life is still ahead. We are just beginning to see what the real world really is.