Sunday 3 November 2013

Splurge Sunday: Herve Leger


Splurge Sunday is where I share the items that I would buy if a couple hundred or thousand dollars were to fall out of the sky into my lap. These are the anti-commodities that I believe girls are allowed to lust over.

Herve Leger is like the pioneers of body-con dresses. The iconic bandage design is classy and sexy. The brand offers many styles of dresses but my all time favourite would be the "signature essential" shape. What drawns me to these dresses is their versatility. On its own, it's the perfect little dress for a night out with your girlfriends or date night with your significant other. Paired with a blazer, it can be worn to more business related events or cocktail parties. The skirts are also recognizable and can be paired differently in multiple occasions. Although I don't think it's necessary for me to own such a dress at this point in my life, they are still a beauty to look at and I hope to own one (or some) in the future.


Here are some of my favourite designs:
Buy at Shopbop for $880 (My idea of the perfect LBD)


Buy at The Outnet for $675
                                               Bandage mini dress by Hervé LégerBandage mini dress by Hervé Léger


Buy at The Outnet for $525

Sequined bandage dress by Hervé LégerSequined bandage dress by Hervé Léger
Buy at The Outnet for $900


Hervé Léger 
Buy at Net-A-Porter for $1250
I truly believe that these dresses will look beautiful on any body shape. They cinch you in at your natural waist to create or accentuate a hourglass figure. The ribbed bandages conceals extra "flubber" that you have after a night of drinking and eating. These are definitely a luxurious addition to a girls closet but the style is so iconic, one is allowed to dream about eventually having the chance to slip one on.